Monday, August 17, 2009

Thoughts from the Moon

Welcome to my world! This is my first blog post, and I hope that you will join me in my personal journey. I expect that this blog will truly be a mish-mash of everything that crosses my mind, thus the title "Hanging on a Moonbeam". The moon is a great personal symbol which I love immensely. It's somewhat misty, and obscure. The moon astrologically has a way of changing the view and turning things upside down. Does that sound like me? Well, hang in there and you might just find out.

I've conciously decided not to share a lot of personal information so that the knowledge of who I am will reveal slowly. I'd like people to come to this blog site with no preconceived notion of what you will find. I expect that I will talk about everything from trees to rocks to law to quilts, and back again.

I'm not much of a planner so this may or may not become manifest, but my intent is to blog once a week at a minimum. (I'd like to more often, but I'm taking a minimalist viewpoint for now). If I find that I desire to write more frequently, I will. Since this is based on my thoughts, I may have more or less material than planned.

One thing I will share is that I don't take my own thoughts all that seriously. My opinions may change with my thoughts. Some may be more or less clear. The point for me is the process, not the result. I'm sure that I will blunder through this endeavor and that often readers may disagree with me, only to find that I change my tune the next day. My hope is to be true to what I'm thinking and feeling in the moment. Thoughts and feelings are fleeting, and I wish to capture them only so I can look back to think "Where the hell did that come from?"

So welcome to my world! I hope you will stay and learn to put up with this nonsensical, and sometimes quirky view of the planet we live on.

No comments: